Saturday, May 21, 2011

Janie Fricke Shoot - May 2011

Janie Fricke is 1980s country royalty. As CMA Female Vocalist of the Year two consecutive years, 1981-1982, she was at the top of the list in female country superstars of that era.

Now living south of Dallas on an 8 acre spread, Janie Fricke still has a golden voice. She called on me to come to her home and shoot a few new publicity stills. We spent the afternoon shooting around her historic home, once the home of Pat Garrett, the man who tracked and gunned down Billy the Kid back in the day. That nostalgic old west flavor still resonates thru Fricke's home.

A few years ago, I shot the cover photo for Fricke's latets CD release, Roses and Lace. We hit it off (she's a true sweetheart) and have kept in touch since. I was happy to get a call from her to shoot once again. I was sad, however, to learn that Fricke and George Jones will be performing together in early June...and that I'll be unable to attend. Here's hoping they team up again for a little country music magic and that I can be front and center, toe-tapping to two of country's greatest stars.





No comments:

Post a Comment